Friesian Ownership Experiences
The Friesian Ownership Experience is run by Tracey Alexander and aimed at anyone considering bringing a Friesian into their lives.
This is an individually tailored 'Full Day' experience where you will have exclusive access to the yard and the horses for the day and Tracey's undivided attention!
The day will include:
- History of the Friesian Horse
- The KFPS Studbook and their management / protection of the breed
- An introduction to the Friesians at the farm and discussion about the different 'types' and varying characteristics
- Identification and management of health issues identified within the breed
- Day to day care of the Friesian horse
- Purchasing advice and the paperwork associated with ownership
- Preparation of horses for KFPS Studbook gradings
If you are an experienced, physically fit or regular rider the day can include ridden training sessions in the arena with the opportunity to ride a variety of Friesians.
You may also choose to head out on the bridleways and lanes where you can discuss with Tracey more about the techniques she has found useful when working the horses in different environments.
For the less experienced rider Tracey is happy to tailor some riding to suit the level you are at so you can get a feel of what a Friesian is like to ride and begin to understand how different they are to many other breeds of horse.
Carriage driving is also an option during the Ownership Experience
10am to 5pm - Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays from March through to the end of October.
1 Hour break for lunch - Cartmel village is 1 mile from the farm and has a choice of places to eat.
WEIGHT LIMIT: We have a strict weight limit of 13 stone
We are extremely fortunate to have local animal photographer Sandy Kitching on our doorstep. Sandy can be booked to come and take professional images of you during your time with our Friesians for either a day or half a day. You can view a wide selection of her work at https://sandyanimalphotographer.smugmug.com. You can get in touch with Sandy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org